Meet Dr. Torrado
Dr. Laura Torrado specializes in designing beautiful smiles with veneers or the appropriate type of restoration needed, combining function, longevity and facial aesthetics. She graduated from NYU College of Dentistry in 1989. Her previous studies include a Bachelors of Science and a Dr. Odont degree from Uruguay. She has continued her post- graduate studies in full mouth rehabilitation, fixed and removable prosthetics at NYU.
At Buffalo State University she completed the advanced program in esthetic dentistry and is an avid participant in numerous continuing education courses both nationally and internationally.
Dr. Torrado is a Pankey scholar and a graduate of the Kois Dental Center in Seattle whose curriculum includes 9 courses with the latest advances in aesthetics, implants and restorative dentistry. In 2004 she completed her certification in Invisalign Technologies and in 2005 she received her fellowship from the Academy of General Dentistry.
In 2015 Dr. Torrado completed her Dental Sleep Medicine Residency at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine. Sleep Medicine and Facial Esthetics are part of her practice as well as TMD and treatment of Bruxism.
- American Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- American Academy of Women Dentists
- American Academy of Facial Esthetics
- Academy for Sports Dentistry
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- American Academy of Facial Orthodontics
- Academy of Laser Dentistry
- American Academy of Craniofacial Pain
- American College for Advancement of Medicine
Dr. Torrado has participated in the “Give Back Program ” with the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, Safe Horizons organization and she is currently on the volunteer panel of “The Smile Train,” “Lamp Charity” and “Reaching U Organization.”